Soma internship exists to mobilize the next generation of leaders to fulfill their kingdom calling. More than calling the church to be a place to gather on Sundays, we must equip the church to be about God’s mission. This mission will be accomplished through the lives of fully committed passionate followers of Jesus, who are equipped to sacrificially lead disciple-making missional communities in everyday life.
The internship experience – from 3-12 months – is about immersion in the gospel, including classroom training, life-on-life discipleship, and missional service. This training is experienced in the context of living with Soma families, partnering with existing missional communities, and church plants, and practicing leadership while serving the city with a missional heart.
- Renewed love for Jesus and motivation for his mission
- Greater dependency on the Spirit and desire to submit to God’s word in every area of life
- Knowledge and skills to start and lead a Missional Community
- Better understanding of your own story in light of God’s story.
- Increased clarity of your God-given strengths and gifts
- Refining of your gifts in the context of serving Jesus’ mission
Through the training, you will:
- Lead a missional community with others from different backgrounds
- Live and serve alongside families on mission from Soma Blue Mountains
- Meet tangible needs throughout the city
- Learn to shepherd others in the gospel through a DNA group
- Experience coaching around gifting, personality, and context
- Practice leadership
- Be part of various learning classes.
- Join in regular prayer times and hang out with other interns
- Explore a world heritage wilderness area (The Blue Mountains)
- Option to visit other Soma churches in other cities around Australia
In order to achieve the learning outcomes and to complete the learning experiences the intern will engage in the following activities.
- Bi-weekly journaling focused on learning outcomes
- Weekly check-in with a supervisor.
- Regular meeting with a mentor (monthly).
- Analysis of at least two activities each week and discussion with supervisor.
- Quarterly report summarizing and reflecting on progress towards learning outcomes and issues around learning experiences.
Fill this out to apply.Immerse application
A personal questionnaire for those involved in an internship with Soma Blue Mountains.Intern personal questionnaire
The aim of this Ministry Review Sheet is to help interns analyse themselves according to the specific Learning Outcomes and Learning Activities in their Intern Contract.Intern ministry review sheet
The aim of this Quarterly Review Sheet is to help interns analyse themselves according to the specific Learning Outcomes and Learning Activities in their Intern Contract.intern quarterly review sheet
This document contains the responsibilities of internships at Soma Blue Mountains. It is intended to set expectations and requirements of both potential Interns, and Soma Blue mountains.responsibilities for internships
Internship Coordinator’s Handbook.