Partner with us
We’d love you to partner with us financially so that we can keep doing what we’re doing, and more! We don’t take a collection at our Gatherings, and we don’t handle cash, so…
To transfer funds online, use these details:
Account name: Soma Blue Mountains Inc
Account no: 1036 0200
Why we give
- Creation – God is our creator and sustainer, everything is his, and we give to further his rule and care.
- Fall – Our fallenness means that we can be distracted by wealth, and giving purifies our understanding and replaces greed with joy.
- Redemption – Knowing we’re saved we want that for others in all its fullness. And we’re saved into a church and recognise the value of our leaders and ministry in the body.
- Restoration – We invest in the New Creation to come and put priority on that in our lives.
Who we partner with
As followers of Jesus we want to bring blessing to the Blue Mountains and beyond. We dream of becoming a church marked by radical generosity. Over 10 percent of our giving goes to causes outside our church.
- Soma Church Planting – we believe so strongly in church planting and the value of the Soma model, that the majority of our funding for causes outside our church goes to Soma church planting, both here and overseas.
- Overseas – Soma Fuchu, Tokyo, led by Yoshito and Ami Noguchi (see below).
- Australia – We financially assist Soma church planters within Australia in various ways.
- Giving to our community
- Swish – We partner with local churches to fund Scripture in Winmalee and Springwood High Schools
- Mission in Arnhem Land – Our commitment to indigenous Australians means we support former members Mitch and Linda Hollier who are working with the Yolngu people in Arnhem Land (see below).
- Blaxland Public School – We provide aid for poor students at Blaxland Public. This is part of being friends with our hosts (we Gather in this school on Sundays).
- Outside of our budget – The church budget is not the only way we give.
- We encourage our Gospel Communities to use money to bless neighbours and those they’re on mission to.
- We encourage our members, as individuals, to contribute to other Christian ministries and missions as God puts it on their hearts.
We partner with and support Soma Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan.
”We believe that the church is not just a place we go, but who we are, a people saved by God’s power for God’s purposes. We want to cover all of Tokyo with ”missional communities” that live out the gospel in everyday life.”
– Yoshito Noguchi
We partner with and support Mitch and Linda Hollier as they live with the Yolngu people, making disciples who make disciples and bringing the Kingdom.
”It’s been said to us that living in Arnhem Land as missionaries is a marathon not a sprint, and it is our hope and prayer that we would be keeping this in mind for what is a long, slow journey.” – Mitch