We gather together each Sunday to make much of Jesus, worship, pray, share stories, receive teaching, share communion, encourage and enjoy each other.
We’re back meeting face-to-face in our usual location on Sundays at 9:30am.
Address: Blaxland Public School, Baden Place, Blaxlandrosters today's gathering serve servant info
Soma Kids & Creche
Our kids at Soma have their own time of learning during our Sunday Gathering. Our kids ministry – for children aged from 3-7 – engages children with the gospel through stories, song and play. Parents are welcome to be in this space.
Our littles are also catered for during our Sunday Gathering. Any child who is under the age of 3 and aren’t dependant on their parents are welcome to join. Creche leaders engage with children through play, song and story. Parents are also welcome to be in this space. All of our helpers and leaders have been screened and trained through our ChildSafe procedures.
Soma Kids and Creche run during the teaching time of our gathering. Children are welcomed and encouraged to engage as we sing, share and pray as a family.
If you would like your children to participate in either of these ministries, please make sure your child is registered for their program and signed in electronically each Sunday before the gathering commences. All children also need to be signed out and collected at the end of the teaching time. Please keep your phone on hand in case your child needs you.
We also have toys in the main gathering space for those children who would like to remain with their parents. Noise is fine!
Click the link below for more information about Soma Children…soma children register for soma kids/creche
FOLLOWING JESUS ON THE WAY (Mark 9-10, Hebrews 5-7)
May 1 – Down the Mountain – Mark 9:14-29
May 8 – One glass of water at a time – Mark 9:30-50
May 15 – 10th Birthday
May 22 – What God has joined together – Mark 10:1-12
May 29 – Like a Child – Mark 10:13-31
June 5 – For the third time: I’m going to die – Mark 10:32-34
June 12 – Come to serve – Mark 10:35-45
June 19 – Son of David – Mark 10:46-11:11
June 26 – Arnhem Land Ministry – Mitch Hollier
July 3 – Adoption into Soma Global – Trip Forgeng
July 10 – Soma Global Vision – Brad Watson
July 17 – Jesus, the better hope – Hebrews 5:11-6:20
July 24 – Jesus, the better advocate – Hebrews 7:1-28
JERUSALEM WITH A SHOUT! (Mark 11-13, Hebrews 8-10)
July 31 – Fig Tree Cursed – Mark 11:12-26
Aug 7 – By what authority? – Mark 11:27-12:12
Aug 14 – Questioning God – Mark 12:13-27
Aug 21 – 21st Century Challenges to Following Jesus
Aug 28 – Loving God – Mark 12:28-44
Sept 4 – Everything will be thrown down – Mark 13
Sept 11 – Jesus, the new and better covenant – Hebrews 8:1-9:28
Sept 18 – Jesus, the better sacrifice – Hebrews 10:1-39
THE VICTORY & TRIUMPH OF THE CROSS (Mark 14-16, Hebrews 11-13)
Sept 25 – Jesus anointed – Mark 14:1-11
Oct 2 – Last Supper – Mark 14:12-26
Oct 9 – Gethsemane and arrest – Mark 14:26-52
Oct 16 – Trial before the Sanhedrin – Mark 14:53-72
Oct 23 – Trial before Pilate – Mark 15:1-15 (or 20)
Oct 30 – The crucifixion – Mark 15:16 (or 21)-39
Nov 6 – The end: a new beginning – Mark 15:40-16:8
Nov 13 –
Nov 20 – Theology of Mark – part 1
Nov 27 – Theology of Mark – part 2
Dec 4 – A better resurrection – Hebrews 11:1-12:3
Dec 11 – Eyes fixed on Jesus – Hebrews 12:4-28
Dec 18 – A Better city – Hebrews 13:1-25
Dec 25 – Christmas
COVID-19 Safe Gatherings
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- CHECK-IN – You will be required to check in at the entrance to the school. Parents will need to register, sign in and sign out each of their children participating in Soma Kids and/or Soma Creche.
- COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN – We are a registered COVID Safe business with a Covid Safe Plan (see link below).
- UNWELL? DO NOT COME – If you have COVID19 symptoms, are awaiting test results or have tested positive to COVID19 then please stay at home.
- HYGIENE – Keep good hand hygiene. Hand sanitiser will be available. Our sanitisation team will be cleaning high touch surfaces regularly.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – Please keep a 1.5m distance from each other. Please do not greet each other with physical contact, keep distant from children where practical. Masks are a requirement in indoor setting.
- COVID SAFE APP – Please download the COVIDSafe app and keep it open at all times when you are away from home.